The Rigi team developed a Rigi plugin for memoQ 9.0 and higher.
Download Rigi for memoQ
Rigi 9.0 or higher with the memoQ.Rigi plugin is required
memoQ 8.x - 9.5 have a built-in connector for Rigi (a.k.a. the Rigi Preview adapter).
That Rigi Preview adapter is not maintained and supported.
Rigi.io has developed a connector (a.k.a. memoQ.Rigi) for memoQ 9.0 and higher.
In short: to use Rigi, memoQ 9.0 or higher is required with memoQ.Rigi enabled and the Rigi Preview adapter disabled.
|9.6 and newer|
|Use the memoQ.Rigi by rigi.io.|
9.0 - 9.5
- Use memoQ.Rigi by rigi.io.
- Disable the Rigi Preview adapter by memoQ.
memoQ is shipped with a built-in Rigi Preview adapter that is enabled by default. Disable it!
Do not use.
Upgrade to memoQ 9.0 or higher or use the built-in editor on the Rigi platform.
|Similar to 9.0 - 9.5, some 8.x versions have a built-in (unsupported) Rigi Preview adapter.|
Hint: there is no guarantee, but the Preview Adapter might work if you turn off sub segmenting in memoQ. Try it at your own risk.
More and more companies are using Rigi technology to localize their dynamic applications in context.
Rigi key features
- Translate in context (WYSIWYG): select a text in the memoQ editor will automatically load a preview and highlight the selected text.
The other way around works too: selecting a text in the preview will select the segment in your memoQ editor.
- Process review comments from language testers: select a comment that a language tester made, will show the preview with the text highlighted.
It will also select the segment in your memoQ editor, where you can copy the suggested translation.
- Install the Rigi Viewer for memoQ, including the Rigi filter (this is a one-time action).
Open the Rigi XML file in memoQ (make sure that you have selected the Rigi Preview filter).
First time installation - Rigi viewer application
The plugin for memoQ requires that the Rigi.Viewer application is installed.
If that viewer is not installed on your computer, you will get the following dialog:Click
Download Rigi Viewer and follow the steps.
Note: You can download the installer for the Rigi Viewer application here
The Rigi.Viewer will automatically open (except if you configured not to open it automatically).
If the Rigi.Viewer does not open, then double click the link on the Desktop.
Blank screen in the Rigi Viewer?
If you start the Rigi Viewer for the first time, you may see a blank screen.
In that case, try to select another segment in the memoQ editor.
- The usage of the online editor is explained in this article.
It is easy to install the Rigi.Viewer.
- Download the installer (rigi_memoq_setup_x.y.exe).
- Execute the installer and follow the steps.
The last step shows the option to start the Rigi.Viewer.
- Click Finish.
If memoQ is not running, then you will see the following message to start it. Start memoQ and click Retry.
If memoQ is running, you will see the following message (except if there is a legacy viewer installed).
- Click Accept.
This will install the Rigi.Viewer. You can see it via memoQ > Options > options > External preview tools.
The installer also installs a shortcut on your Desktop. You could opt to not auto-start the Rigi.Viewer and start it manually via the shortcut when you need it.
Note: you can safely remove the shortcut from the Desktop if you do not need it.
- Install the Rigi filter.
- Open memoQ > Options > Resources > Resource Console
- Select Filter configurations > Import new
- Select the filter.
You can find it in the folder where you installed the viewer (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rigi\RigiMemoQ)
This will show:
- Click OK
The filter is now shown in the list:
- Install the Rigi Viewer application for Windows. Download it here.
Legacy viewer for memoQ
memoQ 9.0 to 9.5 have a built-in 'Rigi preview adapter', developed by memoQ. Those older versions will automatically launch the Rigi.Viewer for Rigi files.
memoQ 9.6 and later need a separate installation for memoQ.Rigi.
memoQ 9.0 - 9.5
1. Use memoQ.Rigi.
2. Disable the built-in Rigi Preview Adapter by memoQ
memoQ 8.x - no support
Some older 8.x version have a built-in Rigi Preview adapter and do not support memoQ.Rigi.
The following message will be shown if you have the 'Rigi preview adapter' installed.
- Remove the 'Rigi preview adapter', see steps above.
- Open memoQ > Options > options > External preview tools.
- Retry the installation steps.