The Rigi team developed a Rigi plugin for memoQ.
Download Rigi for memoQ
More and more companies are using Rigi technology to localize their dynamic applications in context.
Rigi key features
- Translate in context (WYSIWYG): select a text in the memoQ editor will automatically load a preview and highlight the selected text.
The other way around works too: selecting a text in the preview will select the segment in your memoQ editor.
- Process review comments from language testers: select a comment that a language tester made, will show the preview with the text highlighted.
It will also select the segment in your memoQ editor, where you can copy the suggested translation.
- Install the Rigi Viewer for memoQ, including the Rigi filter (this is a one-time action).
Open the Rigi XML file in memoQ (make sure that you have selected the Rigi Preview filter).
The Rigi.Viewer will automatically open (except if you configured not to open it automatically). If the Rigi.Viewer does not open, then double click the link on the Desktop.
Blank screen in the Rigi Viewer?
If you start the Rigi Viewer for the first time, you may see a blank screen.
In that case, try to select another segment in the memoQ editor.
- The usage of the online editor is explained in this article.
It is easy to install the Rigi.Viewer.
- Download the installer (rigi_memoq_setup_x.y.exe).
- Execute the installer and follow the steps.
The last step shows the option to start the Rigi.Viewer.
- Click Finish.
If memoQ is not running, then you will see the following message to start it. Start memoQ and click Retry.
If memoQ is running, you will see the following message (except if there is a legacy viewer installed).
- Click Accept.
This will install the Rigi.Viewer. You can see it via memoQ > Options > options > External preview tools.
The installer also installs a shortcut on your Desktop. You could opt to not auto-start the Rigi.Viewer and start it manually via the shortcut when you need it.
Note: you can safely remove the shortcut from the Desktop if you do not need it.
- Install the Rigi filter.
- Open memoQ > Options > Resources > Resource Console
- Select Filter configurations > Import new
- Select the filter.
You can find it in the folder where you installed the viewer (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rigi\RigiMemoQ)
This will show:
- Click OK
The filter is now shown in the list:
Legacy viewer for memoQ
The installation for older versions of memoQ (9.5 and before) included the 'Rigi preview adapter'. Those older versions will automatically launch the Rigi.Viewer for Rigi files. memoQ 9.6 and later need a separate installation for memoQ.Rigi.
The following message will be shown if you have the 'Rigi preview adapter' installed.
- Remove the 'Rigi preview adapter', see steps above.
- Open memoQ > Options > options > External preview tools.
- Retry the installation steps.